- We value personal stories that are grounded in our communities and express shared human experiences.
- We promote work by media makers from underrepresented communities with perspectives and subject matters that they themselves identify as important, relevant, and timely versus those identified as important by outsiders.
- We create and connect to new ways to distribute documentary film and nonfiction media to wider American audiences.
- We support community-building through place-based programming.
- We foster dialogue in the industry to create new opportunities for personal storytelling.